Chocolate Binge Festival
Sunday, December 4, 2022
Inclement Weather Date: Saturday, December 10, 2022
The 2022 Chocolate Binge Festival continues to be operated by the Inner West Street Association (IWSA). Our festivals and events span the entire first block of historic West Street and welcomes thousands of visitors. This Chocolate Festival features a variety of Chocolate Vendors alongside live music, vendors and sponsors. Acceptance to the festival is based on the selection committee’s assessment of quality of work and the appropriateness for the audience to ensure a successful Chocolate Festival. Past festivals have brought over 5,000 visitors, please make sure you have enough chocolate for the entire event.
There are various ways to participate. This form is for exhibitors only. Only Chocolate vendors and Vendors who provide Chocolate will be allowed to participate. No commercial/corporate merchandise will be considered. If you are interested in participating but don’t fit these criteria, please contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org. All fees are non refundable.
New in 2022
Chocolate Vendors will be required to have samples of their product (sample size is up to vendor). This year, we will be selling sampling tickets. Tickets will be sold 12 for $10 or 24 for $20. As a vendor in the festival, you will be required to provide samples for the consumer. Our ticket pre-sales will help you determine how many samples you will need to bring. Consumers will present a ticket for a sample. At the end of the festival, you will redeem the tickets for a payout @ .50 per ticket.
If you are not selling chocolate, you are a Non Chocolate Gift Vendor.
If you are selected for participation, you will be invoiced.
Do NOT send payment until you receive notification that you have been selected.
Important Application Dates
Online applications should be sent in by 6pm on Sunday, July 31, 2022
Decision notifications emailed to applicants on or near August 20, 2022
Invoices will be sent out after you have been accepted to the festival.
Don't delay! Current vendor fees will increase on August 15, 2022
Fill out this VENDOR FORM and SUBMIT ONLINE
Chocolate Binge Festival 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing this application, you agree to the following:
1. First time vendors need to submit photos with their applications to Chocolate Binge Festival. IWSA maintains the exclusive right to refuse vendors who, at IWSA’s sole discretion, do not meet event standards or add to an over-represented product category.
2. The selling or promoting of tobacco, firearms, or illegal products is prohibited.
3. Set-up time is 8:30am. Vendors must unload, then remove their vehicles from West Street before setting up their booths. All vehicles must be off the street by 10:30am
4. Equipment (tents, weights, tables, chairs, etc.) must be supplied by the vendor.
5. Vendors must secure their tents and/or umbrellas with suitable weights of a minimum of 40 lbs per leg. Vendors failing to use weights on all tent and umbrella legs will be rejected from the event without recourse.
6. Vendor agrees to assume full liability for all injuries/ claims resulting from its equipment and for improperly securing tents, umbrellas and displays from wind and weather hazards.
7. Due to live performances, IWSA prohibits vendor audio devices.
8. The Vendor is responsible for the complete removal and disposal of all their material and trash from the event area. Vendors must bring their own trash bags and may not dispose their trash in the city trash cans. Food Vendors selling for onsite consumption or sampling must provide a trash receptacle for public use.
9. Parking garages are available next to the event at the vendor’s expense. The state parking garage at 19 St. John’s Street offers free parking. Trailers are strongly discouraged because they do not fit in the parking garages. For info: www.annapolisparking.com
10. Inclement Weather If the event is cancelled due to severe weather, an email will be sent by 8:00am the day of the event and posted on www.annapolischocolatebingefestival.com. Rain date will be Saturday, December 10, 2022
11. Vendors that need to cancel must email notification to Audrey@InnerWestStreetAssociation.com. No refunds.
12. Vendors that do not show and give no notice, or leave early, may be banned from all future events. No refunds.
13. Vendor breakdown starts at 5:00pm. All Vendor spaces must be emptied by 6pm.
14. Proof of Liability Insurance must be submitted with application listing Inner West Street Association (P.O. Box 906, Annapolis, Md 21404) as additional insured. If vendor has employees at the event, proof of Workman’s Compensation Insurance is required with applying.
15. By participating in the Chocolate Binge Festival you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Chocolate Binge Staff, Chocolate Binge Vendors, Chocolate Binge Volunteers, Inner West Street Association, the Inner West Street Association’s Board of Directors, officers, staff and contractors, Chocolate Binge Volunteers, the City of Annapolis, Anne Arundel County Government, Truist Bank and 35 West LLC from any damages, lawsuits or claims arising out of injuries or accidents occasioned by your activities.
16. All Vendors are required to collect Maryland sales tax and have a Maryland State sales tax ID number. All vendors selling products must post their sales tax number at the event. Visit www.marylandtaxes.com.
17. Food Vendors must submit a copy of their Anne Arundel County Health Permit when applying. Food vendors that require a Health Department permit must also post the permit at the event. Visit www. aahealth.org.
18. All participants in the Chocolate Binge Festival agree to allow images and audio of their booth, art- work and persons to be used by IWSA for promotional purposes.
By signing, I agree to the terms stated in this application. If accepted, I understand that vendor fees are non-refundable.
Thank you. Your application has been submitted! You will hear from us with in 7-10 days.